Hurray! A mighty aerial! Me and my brother and father put this up, primarily so I could recieve TV Signals on my PC again, but it’s usefulness now gives freeview to all the houses TVs.
Oh no, structural failure! After two weeks, high winds made short work of it.
The first attempt held for a record breaking two weeks. A similar attempt last year lasted a few more. A dent in the mast we bought seems to have weakened and then bent right over in high winds the other night. No worries, though, in less than 24 hours, a replacement mast with a larger diameter tube was sourced and again, it stood tall.
If you look to the left of the wall mount, you can see last years attempt’s remnants, when the wall mounting failed. This year, the wall mounting is sound, but the mast broke. Now I’ve bought a stronger mast, and bolted it myself, while my brother held it straight, both of us in very high winds.
My car has returned from the garage! Good, except the day I took it there, I had a complete tyre failure as there appears to be a nail in the tyre, with the help (well, he did all the work) of a trusty work compadre, the tyre was changed, that night I did a soapy water test on the tyre, and the nail is the source of the troubles.
The spare tyre has seemingly never seen any use, as it is still emblazened with the original bar code, and “RTFM” markings from GM. I’ve forgotten it’s there a few times and go over 50mph, but I usually remember and slow back down again.
I have also been helping my brother to install some flourescents in the attic. The attic has always been a no-go area as fumbling around with a torch can be dangerous while also trying to climb over the trusses.